[b-hebrew] New or Renewed in Jeremiah 31:31?

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Fri Apr 13 09:49:38 EDT 2007

Yohanan,

I am just curious, but why do you write 'BIN' with an 'I'? Do you
come from a tradition where SEGOL and TSEREH are pronounced as a
XIRIK, or is it just in honor of YEHOSHUA BIN NUN? Then, why do you
write 'dawidh' (as in "Shlomo bin-Dawidh", apparently SHLOMO BEN
DAVID) with a final 'h'?

Isaac Fried, Boston University

[cut]