[b-hebrew] verb forms - Isaiah 56:6-7 was dying you shall die

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 10:59:23 EDT 2007

Peter:

My purpose is not to discuss the Greek verbal system. Rather to
discuss the use of translations as a guide to understanding Hebrew.

Seeing as it is demonstrable that some of the authors of the New
Testament had less than a literary command of the Greek language, and
I suspect the same is true of some of the LXX translators, could the
use of the grammatical future tense have been understood by those
authors as something other than the future (e.g. continuous present)?
If so, how far can we use those translations as a guide as to how
those people understood the Hebrew language?

Karl W. Randolph.