[b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17

Yohanan bin-Dawidh yohanan.bin.dawidh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 06:50:15 EDT 2007

Dear Gary,

There is not forced translation here - the text states that this B'rit
Hadashah is the writing of His Torah within the hearts of B'nai Yisra'el. I
read the Christian arguments about ".....this could be the law of......"
making there to be more than one Torah, but such is not the case. It is
evident that this speaks of the Torah given us through Mosheh bin-Amram from
our Creator. The only difference between this, and the original covenant is
that now it will be inscribed upon our hearts, rather than in a scroll for
us to read.

As to the etimology of the word Hadashah, is it not linked to the word
Hodesh, which is the word the Miq'ra uses constantly to refer to the "new
moon", something which truly is no new, but rather it renews itself every
month? I think this is where the concept of this being a renewed covenant
rather than a new covenant derives.

Yohanan bin-Dawidh