[b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17

Harold Holmyard hholmyard3 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 11 23:26:07 EDT 2007

Dear David,
> Actually, the Jeremiah passage you cite does not say "new: but it says
> b'rit chadashah (renewed covenant). If you want a concise explanation
> (excerpt below) of the eternal covenant go to
> http://www.revelations.org.za/Eternal_Life.htm and it quickly do that,
> Harold. I know your questions/commentary is sincere and so I only hope
> to respond true to my own understanding which is still developing.

HH: The text does not say "eternal covenant;" it says "new covenant."
The Hebrew word means "new," as any lexicon will tell you." Here are the
words listed in the HAL lexicon under the word:

new, fresh , not yet existing; a new song;  new things; bride, newly married woman;
the newly married man); meal-offering of fresh
cereals : fresh fruits;
new gods (alt. a new god, text ?)
newcomers

Yours,