[b-hebrew] verb forms - Isaiah 56:6-7 was dying you shall die

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 19:15:31 EDT 2007

On 4/11/07, Lisbeth S. Fried <lizfried at umich.edu> wrote:
> [...]

Here you have used your theological beliefs to inform how your should
read the Hebrew.

According to the historical references embedded in Tanakh, these words
were written roughly a century before the destruction of Solomon's
temple and, as I read it based on the verses that Harold Holmyard
quoted, this was a present to the time of Isaiah, a continuous
present, not only a future event: the temple is a house of prayers for
all peoples (irrespective of whether or not they took advantage of
that opportunity).

Karl W. Randolph.