[b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Wed Apr 11 17:24:20 EDT 2007

On 11/04/2007 22:01, Harold Holmyard wrote:
> HH: I never said it was intended to be "a simply racial religion."

I did not intend to suggest that you did. But it is a position held by
some Jews in ancient times, and maybe by some today. However, it was not
Isaiah's position, nor Moses' according to your Numbers  15 quotes.

>> I don't see 56:1 "close at hand ... will soon be revealed" as temporal
>> at all, there is no "soon" in the Hebrew but only QAROB which means
>> "near", usually in space.
>>

> HH: The word "near" can be used of time:

I know, that is why I wrote "usually". Of course on your interpretation
"near" means 800 years in the future, and on Shoshanna's at least 2800.

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Blog:    http://www.qaya.org/blog/
Website: http://www.qaya.org/