[b-hebrew] verb forms - Isaiah 56:6-7 was dying you shall die

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Wed Apr 11 16:23:34 EDT 2007

On 11/04/2007 19:31, Lisbeth S. Fried wrote:

> covenant —

> the house

> acceptable offering on

> Is there something I'm missing here? what's the problem with the verbs?
>
> Liz Fried

Liz, the problem is that both Harold and Shoshanna are, in different
ways, taking "my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations"
to be applicable only in the eschatological future (from Isaiah's
perspective), whereas I am suggesting that this is a timeless truth,
that the temple was always supposed to be open to everyone's offerings.
It certainly seems unsafe to read this as necessarily referring only to
the future.

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Blog:    http://www.qaya.org/blog/
Website: http://www.qaya.org/