[b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Wed Apr 11 07:19:49 EDT 2007

On 11/04/2007 06:26, Shoshanna Walker wrote:
> OK, Steve, then we will just have to agree to disagree.
>
> Please quote to me where in the NT, G-d is directly speaking, or says
> He is directly speaking.

Since you ask, Shoshanna, and since Steve has not yet answered, see for
example Mark 1:11 (Matthew 3:17, Luke 3:22): "A voice came from heaven,
'You are my beloved Son, with you I am well pleased'", words addressed
to Jesus at his baptism. And then, at the Transfiguration, Mark 9:7
(Matthew 17:5, Luke 9:35, 2 Peter 1:17): "A voice came out of the cloud,
'This is my beloved Son; listen to him.'" With these words God attested
Jesus' teaching and commanded people to follow it. This is not the only
attestation of it, but maybe it is the kind which would convince you.

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Blog:    http://www.qaya.org/blog/
Website: http://www.qaya.org/