[b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Wed Apr 11 01:26:55 EDT 2007

OK, Steve, then we will just have to agree to disagree.

Please quote to me where in the NT, G-d is directly speaking, or says
He is directly speaking.

And you misquote me

I do not admit that the Oral Law never claimed to be the word of G-d
- excuse me, yes I do - the Oral Law has no ontological being in
order to proclaim itself the Word of G-d.  But it is the Word of G-d,
ie; that G-d gave a written and Oral Torah to Moshe, and I can prove
it from the Torah itself, but we have had that conversation on this
list, look it up in the archives.

And re your last sentence - read some of their biographies.

The Arizal's for instance.

Shoshanna

> From: 'Shoshanna Walker'
>
> So what do I, or any of us Jews who spend our time observing Torah
> and learning it as best we can, each to our own ability, care what
> Peter says?
[Steve Miller] your statement was that Romans does not claim to be the word
of God. I said that the New Testament does say it is the word of God.

> They didn't have to claim it - they didn't have to prove themselves
> to ignoramuses like me and you - they were living, breathing,
> sleeping Torah!
[Steve Miller] Then you admit that the oral law never claimed to be the word
of God.

Also, I don't think these people were living, breathing and sleeping the
Torah. They were more likely living, breathing and sleeping commentaries
about the Torah, which is very different, and endless.
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info