[b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17

Harold Holmyard hholmyard3 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 10 22:09:13 EDT 2007

Shoshanna Walker wrote:
> Romans is not the word of G-d, it doesn't even allege that.
>
> Our Torah was NOT given to the whole world directly, it was given to
> US, and WE are to be the transmitters.  YOU are not obligated to
> observe 613 positive and negative commandments, WE ARE!
>
> The whole world did not stand at Mt. Sinai and receive direct
> supernatural Revelation, and no one but us agreed to receive and
> observe  it, in faith, even before hearing the obligations.
>
> Romans certainly cannot explain Torah.  Only our keepers and
> transmitters of Oral Torah can.  That is not detracting from this
> list's purported purposes of trying to understand the SIMPLE MEANING
> of the HEBREW written Torah by means of linguistics.  But that is
> only the tip of the iceberg.  That is not racist. That is just a
> proud Jewess defending us against those who would like to own the
> Torah for yourselves.

Is. 56:6-7 And foreigners who bind themselves to the LORD to serve him,
to love the name of the LORD, and to worship him, all who keep the
Sabbath without desecrating it and who hold fast to my covenant — these
I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of
prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my
altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.”

Psa. 102:15 The nations will fear the name of the LORD, all the kings of
the earth will revere your glory.

Psa. 105:1 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among
the nations what he has done.

Psa. 96:7 Ascribe to the LORD, O families of nations, ascribe to the
LORD glory and strength.

Psa. 82:8 Rise up, O God, judge the earth, for all the nations are your
inheritance.

Psa. 86:9 All the nations you have made will come and worship before
you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name.

Psa. 72:17 May his name endure forever; may it continue as long as the
sun. All nations will be blessed through him, and they will call him
blessed.

Psa. 67:2 that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all
nations.

Psa. 67:4 May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the
peoples justly and guide the nations of the earth. Selah

Psa. 47:9 The nobles of the nations assemble as the people of the God of
Abraham, for the kings of the earth belong to God; he is greatly exalted.

Psa. 45:17 I will perpetuate your memory through all generations;
therefore the nations will praise you for ever and ever.

Psa. 22:27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD,
and all the families of the nations will bow down before him,

Yours,
Harold Holmyard