[b-hebrew] Zech 1:19,21

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Tue Apr 10 20:25:37 EDT 2007

You don't have to think, it is known.

The four horns represent the four kingdoms - Babylonia, Persia/Medea,
Greece, Rome, - that would persecute Israel, until the final
Maschiach; the four carpenters  are the successive conquerers who
would conquer these  kingdoms.  The fourth and final conquerer will
be Mashiach.

Shoshanna

Steve,

I think that MAH ELEH BAIM LAASOT of Zechariah 2:4 (in the HB) refers
to the XARASHIM, the metal or wood cutters, who are destined to come
(VAYABOU ELEH) to rock loose (LeHAXARID), then cast away (LeYADOT)
the battering horns of the war machines brought to bear upon Israel.

Isaac Fried, Boston University