[b-hebrew] Zech 1:19,21

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Tue Apr 10 01:53:13 EDT 2007

Steve,

I think that MAH ELEH BAIM LAASOT of Zechariah 2:4 (in the HB) refers
to the XARASHIM, the metal or wood cutters, who are destined to come
(VAYABOU ELEH) to rock loose (LeHAXARID), then cast away (LeYADOT)
the battering horns of the war machines brought to bear upon Israel.

Isaac Fried, Boston University