[b-hebrew] dying you will die

Scott McAliley scottanderin1 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 5 17:50:31 EDT 2007

Bruce,
   Gen 3.23, 24 doesn't say that they were banished from the garden to
prevent perpetual sin.  God could squash perpetual sin or any other sin at
any time He so desires.  I've already commented on this in an earlier post,
but I'll repeat it here.  The bible tells us why they were banished: "lest
he put forth his hand and also take from the Tree of Life, and eat, and live
forever".  I think the putting forth of the hand is being overlooked here.
The banishment is about showing mankind's inability to save his own soul by
his own efforts.  That God is the only one who can cover our shame
sufficiently was already typed in the slaying of a beast and the covering of
their nakedness after they had tried to do so own their own.  And their sin
problem was already taken care of when they accepted God's gracious
covering.  And all of this seems to type Christ who we are told later in
scripture, was "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world".