[b-hebrew] dying you will die

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Thu Apr 5 15:11:10 EDT 2007

Scott,

1. You missed nothing by not understanding the twists and turns of my
grammatical arguments.

2. We have already discussed some time ago this question of life,
death, knowledge, and procreation. Look it up.

3. In my opinion biblical stories such this are not amenable to a
rational concrete analysis.

4. On the textual side, all I said was that I am unhappy with the
translation of MOT TA-MUT as "you will surely die". The word 'surely'
is, in my humble opinion, surely
redundant.

Isaac Fried, Boston University