[b-hebrew] Psalm 22:16-daqar as pierced?

michaelabernat9001 at sbcglobal.net michaelabernat9001 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 29 10:59:16 EDT 2006

I found a website that discusses this passage in some detail http://messianicart.com/chazak/yeshua/psalm22.htm.
While I am certain that many of our members would disagree with his conclusions, I was interested in his comments
on a comparable passage in the Dead Sea Scrolls:
     "Among the Dead Sea Scrolls, the reading in question is not preserved at Qumran, but in the Psalms scroll from
     Nahal Hever (5/6HevPs), which is textually very close to the Masoretic Text. In line 12 of column 10 we read:
     'They have pierced my hands and feet'! For the crucial work () the Hebrew form is grammatically difficult;
      but it is clearly a verb, not a noun and means they have bored or they have dug or they have pierced."

I'm still unpacking so I don't have full use of my library. Perhaps, someone else can comment on this.
Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy