[b-hebrew] Psalm 22:16 - daqar as pierced ?

Harold Holmyard hholmyard at ont.com
Thu Sep 28 19:05:53 EDT 2006

Dear Moshe,

> Harold, words mean something. KRU cannot be distorted to mean
> pierced, when it means to dig (a hole). A truck is not a wheelbarrow
> even though both have four wheels.

HH: But your claim that the word can only mean the
English "dig" seems overthrown by the LXX. The
words "They dug my hands and feet" are not
meaningful, so the LXX obviously means something
else. So the word ORUSSW, which means "dig," also
means something else. Evidently the Hebrew word
does too because the same problem arises in the
Hebrew variants.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard