[b-hebrew] help with Ezekiel 32:21

kgraham0938 at comcast.net kgraham0938 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 27 23:37:04 EDT 2006

that is very interesting what Joshua Fox studies revealed, I was thinking maybe the yod there was a vowel.  Not trying to contridict what Fox's studies show but just pointing out something I found interesting in H.A.L.O.T (hebrew and aramaic lexicon of the old testament) p 40, has listed 'ayil and right next to it 'awl which I believe is suggesting the yod is a vowel. And then goes on to list a ugaritic form il, and an akkadian form (y)alu AHw.  It also list Eg. which I believe is Egyptian has lw.yyr =irr = 'el.  (I don't know either language but it seems relevant to etomology.)

But relative to our passage, it list 'eley as the construct of 'ayil and list 'ayley as a variant.

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 at comcast.net

From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir at gmail.com>