[b-hebrew] nun hay hay verb "to wail"

B. M. Rocine brocine at twcny.rr.com
Wed Sep 27 17:39:27 EDT 2006

Hi Kenneth,

In a few minutes' search, I found none of my grammars are much help on
your question about this unique root.  I think NHH is a geminate root.
In the Qal qatal I think it would conjugate like a third heh, like so:

3.m.s. NFHFH
3.f.s. NFHTFH
2.m.s. NFHYTFH
2.f.s. NFHYT
1.c.s. NFHYTY

etc.

Qal participle m. p. , which I give as a "present," would be

NOHYM

I don't know if NHH is in current use.  If it is, perhaps one of our
native speakers of Israeli Hebrew can confirm my answers.  A college
edition modern Hebrew dictionary would also answer your question, I
think, but I am not sure if anyone who owns one is listening.

Hoping to help a little, but don't quote me on any of it!  ;-)

Bryan

--
B. M. Rocine
Living Word Church