[b-hebrew] help with Ezekiel 32:21

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 15:28:11 EDT 2006

Kelton:

On 9/27/06, kgraham0938 at comcast.net <kgraham0938 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hey Karl, but don't you see 'eley gibborim as the subject of y:dabb:rw "
> That is pretty interesting.  I would have never saw it that way.
> --
> Kelton Graham
> KGRAHAM0938 at comcast.net

No I don't.

First of all, who is the subject of YDBRW? From the previous verse
(context) I take it as Egypt's multitude, where nouns indicating
numerous individuals often take plural verbs. Then what is the meaning
of LW? If "to him", who is the "him"? The only way I know of to read
the text grammatically is as I mentioned before.

Karl W. Randolph.