[b-hebrew] help with Ezekiel 32:21

kgraham0938 at comcast.net kgraham0938 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 27 12:18:07 EDT 2006

@Yitzhak:

Thanks alot I appreciate it, the only problem I have is that the apparatus of BHS says many manuscripts have 'ayil' here as opposed to 'el.  And it seems to me that 'el going into 'eley is not impossible but pretty rare if in the Hebrew bible.  I have not found one other example of 'el going into plural construct, but that is not to say it is impossible and I have not checked other outside sources but it seems that 'ayil would be the better rendering.

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 at comcast.net

From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir at gmail.com>