[b-hebrew] the Feast of Trumpets

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Mon Sep 25 19:43:37 EDT 2006

Actually, Yigal, the two places where this mitzva is mentioned, are
like hundreds of other mitzvot mentioned in the Torah, where the
exact details of how to observe them, were not given in the written
Torah, but in the Oral Torah, and then taught down, from generation
to generation, by our leaders, in an unbroken chain of Mesorah.  Ezra
was just one of the transmitters of Torah.  It's absurd to believe,
that the 3 times that the positive commandment of terua are mentioned
in the Torah, are meant for each individual to decide for himself
what it means, like clapping hands - something that important to be
mentioned three times, for sure was not meant for chance observance -
despite what even some Jews would like to believe.

Shoshanna