[b-hebrew] Discernment of Daniel 9:24

John B. Senterfitt millenia05 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 25 17:11:49 EDT 2006

Yonah wrote as follows;

John, Why do you think that this Hebrew word is connected to the
Revelation? It is obvious that the Greek term is used there, but why
do you think the Hebrew term XTK is used in Revelation 20? There is no
Hebrew in the Revelation. The rest of your message (about the Greek
term) is all right, but I cannot understand your connection of these
two terms.

The Hebrew translation that I have of the NT (from the Bible Society
in Israel) has this for Revelation 20:13:

??? ??? ?? ????? ??? ??, ??? ????? ???? ?? ?????, ???? ??? ????? ??? ??????
HYM NTN )T HMTYM )$R BW, MWT W$)WL NTNW )T MTYHM, W)Y$ )Y$ N$P+W LPY M(&YHM
"The sea gave the dead that [were] in it, Death and She'ol gave their
dead, and every man was judged (?????) according to their works."

The word used for "be judged" in that verse, according to this
translation, is N$P+, the niphal form of $P+, which is the regular
word for "judge" in Hebrew. What are you using that suggests that XTK
is the better word for this verse?

I am not suggesting that any one word is better than another but only that the two verses in Revelation chapter 20:12 and 13 contain a form of the Greek word dealing with judging. And its exact Morphologic equivalent is found in the LXX Septuagint  of Daniel 9:24.
And here is another attempt at getting that info across through Email.
2852 ?????? chathak {khaw-thak'}

Meaning: 1) to divide, determine 1a) (Niphal) to be determined, be decreed, be settled, be marked out

And of course the Hebrew form is unique to this one occurrence since the exact morphological for appears no place else in the Hebrew scriptures.

The major point that I had hoped to get across is that there is a connection from Daniel's seventy weeks to the judgment of Revelation and vice versa.

John B. Senterfitt