[b-hebrew] Gesenius on Femininity

Vadim Cherny VadimCherny at mail.ru
Sun Sep 24 13:44:53 EDT 2006

Torah is from tur, to instruct, admonish. Suffix hey is not feminine, but
the suffix of result, such as in cotev - ctivah. Thus Torah - instruction,
admonition.
You can see other examples at
http://vadimcherny.org/hebrew/affix_hey_direction.htm
Basically, there are several different suffixes hey, and they have nothing
to do with feminine.

Vadim Cherny