[b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, effect on Christianity

Lisbeth S. Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Sat Sep 23 18:27:06 EDT 2006

Dear Karl,
My feeling -- and this is just a feeling -- that if the LXX had written YHWH
and not kurios,
that there wouldn't have been a confusion between Jesus and kurios=YHWH.
No where is there a tendency to call Jesus YHWH, but with the substitution
of the word LORD, there is the blurring of identities.  Suddenly it is
Jesus' name before whom every knee must bow. So originally it is before the
name YHWH, then before the name LORD, and then before the name JESUS.
I don't think that would have happened if the LXX didn't have LORD for YHWH.
What do you think?
Best,
Liz Fried