[b-hebrew] Discernment of Daniel 9:24

John B. Senterfitt millenia05 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 23 15:17:47 EDT 2006

KJV Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

I hope that some of you have an ear!

The Hebrew word in Daniel 9:24 translated "are determined" has only one striking Greek equivalent in the NT Greek and that is found in Revelation 20:12 and 13. There it is translated "were judged" (which is not the best translation).

>From this one should get a glimpse of the truth that the 70 weeks are for the final judgment and that is set in and upon the time of the full revealing (revelation) of Jesus who is to be the Christ.

It is a necessary evil that we must depend on lexicographers and grammarians, and I know that they do the best they can but they are not always as up to grade as we might wish.

John B. Senterfitt