[b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 45, Issue 30 The Name

Harold Holmyard hholmyard at ont.com
Thu Sep 21 16:35:35 EDT 2006

Dear Eva,

> NAU John 5:43 "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not
  receive Me; if another comes in his own name,
you will receive him.
> You have a Name, If I look you up on people search I can find your SS,
  birth date, phone number where you live where
you have lived. I know
that is you. If you tell me your name is the same
as your Father's name
it will be the same name and different ss card
different address etc, but the same name.
> Yeshoshua or Jesus is not the name of his father, he said many would
come saying I am the Christ or Messisah and
deceive many. Many is alot
of people. No one likes to be deceived. If he told
Paul his name and he
told the soldiers his name, If Peter used his name
dont you think
that would be his name? and if other people come
saying something else
is his name is he not saying that that is a lie
and dont believe it?
Even if they do great things? His name is
important to me because it
will reflect his fathers name and that is who I
want to worship and be like.
> there is a scripture that says we receive a blessing when we think on The Name.

HH: I think I see your issue. You may think that
someone coming in the name of someone else has the
same name as the second person. That is not the
case. Both persons represent the same name
however, the name of the person sending the other.
Here are some verses that show one's name is not
the same as that of the person in whose name one
is acting:

Deut. 18:7 Then he shall minister in the name of
the LORD his God, as all his brethren the Levites
do, which stand there before the LORD

HH: Aaron's name remained Aaron, even though he
ministered in the name of the Lord

Deut. 25:6 And it shall be, that the firstborn
which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his
brother which is dead, that his name be not put
out of Israel

HH: The firstborn does not have the same name as
the dead brother.

1Sam. 17:45 Then said David to the Philistine,
Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear,
and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name
of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of
Israel, whom thou hast defied.

HH: David's name remained David, even though he
came to Goliath in the name of the Lord.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard