[b-hebrew] Jerusalem Never Existed!

George Athas george.athas at moore.edu.au
Thu Sep 21 00:26:41 EDT 2006

No, this is not a 'minimalist' posting. I just had a right good chuckle when I read this on the BBC News, and thought everyone else might like it too.

====================
Tourism officials in Israel did little to sell the city of Jerusalem as a must-see for visitors when a brochure suggested it did not exist.
The sightseeing pamphlet was translated from Hebrew and should have read: "Jerusalem - there's no city like it!".
But instead the slogan in English read: "Jerusalem - there's no such city!", reported the Israeli newspaper Maariv.
Tens of thousands of the leaflets were distributed before the Jerusalem municipality realised its mistake.

The link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5364192.stm

Best Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
Moore Theological College