[b-hebrew] "I will be caused to eat" in Hebrew

B. M. Rocine brocine at twcny.rr.com
Tue Sep 19 17:49:11 EDT 2006

Dear Kenneth,

אָאְָכַל

I expect the khataph qamets may not appear correctly.  It is the vowel
that combines the qamets and shewa into one vowel.

The khataph qamets is pronounced like the long *o* in boat, so the word
is pronounced /ah o KHAL/ (emphasis on /KHAL/.

Hosea 11:4 )okiyl is "I fed," the hiphil yiqtol of the root AKL.

(You only see both the aleph prefix meaning "I" *and* the aleph root
letter in the hophal stem, I think.)

Shalom,
Bryan

--