[b-hebrew] Dates of Ezra and Nehemiah

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 06:12:00 EDT 2006

On 9/18/06, Shoshanna Walker wrote:

> There is much more detail of chazal, of which kings reigned when, and
> that wasn't the issue when you discredited Rashi - now you are just
> adding  another issue to your reluctance to trust chazal.

The following articles are well known articles on the subject by
influential orthodox Rabbis:

English:
http://tinyurl.com/z8qyz
Hebrew:
http://www.daat.ac.il/daat/kitveyet/shmaatin/horaat-2.htm

> In any case, this list has been laboring over this for weeks, because
> of the reluctance to give OUR chazal any credit for knowing OUR
> history

This is Persian history, not "our" history.  At the very least, give the
Persians credit for knowing their own history.

> - but you go around circles and circles with no answer, just
> because you want to believe that other sources besides chazal,  know
> better - and if you have such detailed accounts from - where?

Egypt, Persia, Elam, Babylon, and even Israel.

Yitzhak Sapir