[b-hebrew] actual Hebrew question about Daniel 9:25

Steve Miller smille10 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 17 20:15:11 EDT 2006

[Steve Miller] Seth, I'm not sure on what you disagree with me. I agree that
each week in Dan. 9 is 7 years, although I don't think Gen 29:27 is a good
proof of that. (I understood that Jacob married Rachel one literal week
after marrying Leah.)
I said that the 70 weeks are not a "time interval". That is, the Bible
doesn't say from <event A> until <event B> is 70 weeks. If that was the
case, they would need to be all contiguous. The 70 weeks are 490 years which
are divided to Israel. There is no requirement that they be contiguous. But
within the 490 years, 2 definite time intervals are mentioned, and those
time intervals are contiguous.
-Steve