[b-hebrew] BC date on the 70 weeks
smille10 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 16 22:16:39 EDT 2006
> On 9/15/06, John B. Senterfitt wrote:
> > Why is it so important to put a BC date or dates on the vision shown
> > to Daniel? When in fact it is still future from where we are today!
[Steve Miller] Because:
1) the 70 weeks are in answer to Daniel's prayer for God's people and
Jerusalem according to Jeremiah's prophesy. Daniel tells the Lord to "delay
2) Daniel is told that he would understand the prophesy. If it was for over
2500 years later, how could he understand it, and why would he have to
3) The prophesy starts with the word to restore and build Jerusalem. This is
an answer to Daniel's prayer, that shortly there would be such a command.
4) Jerusalem is already built and has been in the hands of Israel since
1967. Placing the entire 70 weeks in the future requires that Jerusalem
would have to be destroyed again, so that a word would be given to restore
it again. But why would a word be needed? Jerusalem is in Israel's hands.
5) v25 - The street shall be built again and the wall. That should refer to
ancient time when there was one main street and one wall around it.
6) the confirming of the covenant, and the prince causing the sacrifice to
cease (v27) takes place after the city and sanctuary are destroyed (v26).
How could the sacrifices still be going on if the temple was previously
More information about the b-hebrew