[b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 45, Issue 23 name

Harold Holmyard hholmyard at ont.com
Fri Sep 15 13:42:44 EDT 2006

Dear Eva,

> Thanks for all the imput, This has really helped.
> I now have another question, If Ye'shua the Messiah (christ) the
> Nazor-Owlam (my interperation) came in his father's Name
> John 5:43 I am come in my Father's Name, and ye receive me not: if
> another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
> What part of the Name is the Father's name? all or part? Ye'shua means
> Ye is salvation.  Messiah ? is that part of the Father's name? and
> Nazor can mean Holy set apart for special service etc/(our Father who
> art in heaven holy is The Name,(SOU))Nazor whould be in my
> understanding the most Holy part of his name?,,,,, comments, help to
> clarify

HH: The phrase "in the name of" does not have to
point to any particular name except the Father.
The phrase "in the name of" means that Jesus
represents the Father. He comes as the official
agent of the Father. He is like an ambassador, who
speaks and acts for the Father and with the
Father's authority. So the phrase means things
like: "in the authority of my Father," "on behalf
of my father," or "as a representative of my Father."

Yours,
Harold Holmyard