[b-hebrew] BC date on the 70 weeks

Harold Holmyard hholmyard at ont.com
Fri Sep 15 13:08:42 EDT 2006

Dear John,

> Why is it so important to put a BC date or dates on the vision shown to Daniel?
  When in fact it is still future from where we
are today!

HH: Your email line stretched out beyond the right
margin when I tried to do the reply, so I had to
cut and move the line. You might want to check
whether you have the line break set for your
emails at too large a figure.

HH: To answer your question, the initial date of
the decree is important for calculating when the
anointed prince was cut off (Dan 9:26). Christians
believe the prince was the Messiah. Others do not,
so it is helpful to know the starting point so as
to measure the end of the 69 weeks that precede
his being cut off.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard