[b-hebrew] preterit URL

Harold Holmyard hholmyard at ont.com
Wed Sep 13 14:00:48 EDT 2006

Dear John,

>HH: Here is what I thought to be a good article written from your
>perspective of a Nehemiah date for the decree to rebuild Jerusalem in
>Dan 9:25:
>
>http://www.raptureready.com/featured/reagan/dr31.html
>

>This URL that you have posted is a vivid example of the preterit concept I am talking about.

HH: The article does not take a preterite position. Some aspects of the
490 years have been fulfilled. That does not mean that all have. The
article is by a dispensationalist, and dispensationalists are futurists.

>Daniel's prophecy is not finished but is yet future.
>
>I know that as to typology it seems to fit into the era
>that this URL presents but we are missing valuable information for our future and that of our loved ones who are waiting for the resurrection as I too am. And as we all should be!!
>
>Daniel was introduced to the opening of the "last-end" in Dan 8:19. Please look at the opening verses of Micah chapter 4 where verse 1 opens with the time frame of "last the days". (yes the article is there)
>
>Isiah chapter2:2ff stands here as well.
>
>Please tell me that you do not see these prophecies as fulfilled

HH: No, I don't see them as all fulfilled. Daniel 8:19 may be fulfilled,
but it is also typical of the end time. The other two have not been
fulfilled.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard