[b-hebrew] Sticking around! Maybe?

John B. Senterfitt millenia05 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 13 12:01:09 EDT 2006

Bill Rea wrote

I've been a member since we founded the list in 1992. This is a place
where you can gain insight, you just have to be a little patient. It is
a rare place where you can find liberal, conservative and fundamentalist
Christians and Jews, plus people of no faith at all discussing Biblical
Hebrew in, mostly, a civilized fashion. Originally the list was religious,
it was founded by Christians and hosted by a Christian institution.
That simply did not work. We had some fine Jewish scholars who were
driven away by well-meaning but extremely insenstive Christians. I can't
remember when the list changed to its current form but I would guess its
been like this for at least ten years. It has worked remarkably well since
then. So stick around, you will find insights, but those insights might
take you out of your comfort zone.

Bill Rea, University of Canterbury Supercomputer \_
E-Mail bill.rea at canterbury.ac.nz                 </   New
Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax  64-3-364-2332         /)  Zealand
UCSC Supercomputer Systems Administrator       (/'

Bill

I appreciate your comments, especially on the forum history.

As to my comfort zone, this ole gentile of 70 years has been rubbing elbows with the Hebrew scriptures for more that 35 years. Maybe I can be converted!!!

And having said that, you see it is quite difficult for me to view scripture in any form of the "preterit" movement. Especially where Daniel's (nebuw'ah) is concerned.
John B. Senterfitt