[b-hebrew] Four Beasts in Daniel

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 23:14:50 EDT 2006

One question is: are all the visions of Daniel complementary, i.e.
working together while each has some details not in the other, or are
they each unique and to be taken separately?

If the former, then a clue to the identities of the beasts in chapter
seven would be found in chapter eight, where it is clear that one
beast was for the Medo-Persian empire, and another for the Hellenistic
kingdoms. Further the Hellenistic kingdoms are shown to be four. In
fact, throughout Daniel's prophecies, Alexander's kingdom is shown as
splitting into four.

By putting the clues from all of Daniel's prophetic chapters together,
the third beast in chapter seven would then be Greece, leaving the
fourth beast .... ?

Karl W. Randolph.