[b-hebrew] actual Hebrew question about Daniel 9:25

Yonah Mishael yonahmishael at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 18:30:31 EDT 2006

The obvious question, then, is how this applies to verse 24 and its stated
purposes:

1. לכלא הפשע
2. ולהתם חטאת (this is from the קרי)
3. ולכפר עון
4. ולהביא צדק עלמים
5. ולחתם חזון ונביא
6. ולמשח קדש קדשים

How are all of these things accomplished within the now 441 years (63 × 7,
assuming that 62 and 7 are concurrent and one more follows them)? So, you
set it from the 446/445 BCE command given to Nehemiah? This would bring us
up to about 5 or 4 BCE. Surely there was no war at that time that was of
major significance. I'm really interested in your position. Would you mind,
if necessary, perhaps laying it out for me offline?

Thanks,
Yonah