[b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest-angels

sujata shevaroys at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 23:11:03 EDT 2006

1  chron 21:1,8
Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel
  8 Then David said to God, "I have sinned greatly by doing this. Now, I beg you, take away the guilt of your servant. I have done a very foolish thing."

  Have any other angels risen against Israel?  This particular "rising up against Israel" resulted in David "sinning greatly". Has any other angel's action caused a man to sin?

  Zech 3:2
  Satan is rebuked by  God. Obviously God wouldnt rebuke him for what He himself had commanded him to do, so satan here should have done something that God did not want him to do. Are there examples of God rebuking any other angel?

Best,
  Sujata

Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk at concentric.net> wrote:

I don't see that angels have authority - they do G-d's bidding - just
as Satan did with Job, despite Harold's claim. If you read the text,
it is clear that Satan twice asked G-d's permission to test Job, and
got the permission, with conditions, which Satan followed. No
rebellion, no doing anything without G-d's permission, no authority
to do anything without G-d's permission.