[b-hebrew] Daniel 11:22

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 17:54:33 EDT 2006

Steve:

It's been a while since I looked at the dates. All I remember about
the source of those dates is that they were not fixed by theologians.
Since that time, I've seen a couple dates developed by theologians,
Darby's being one, that are significantly older. The only reason I
could see for those dates was the requirement that Jesus' death and
resurrection be 483 years after the command was given to Nehemiah. But
I disagree with that requirement, as I see the 7 sevens and 62 sevens
to have been concurrent, not one after the other, thus Nehemiah could
be a contemporary with Ezra as indicated in Nehemiah 8 and 12. But my
reading also says that the 70th seven has already been finished, which
certain theological traditions reject.

Karl W. Randolph.