[b-hebrew] Seperating the beasts

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 13:12:06 EDT 2006

John:

Look at the context of Daniel 7:17; from the context we see that the
four beasts in that verse is the same as for the rest of the chapter.
He is just using "king" as a synonym for "kingdom" and  "from the
earth" for "from the sea" in Daniel 7:3. Verses 15 to the end of the
chapter are an interpretation of the vision given in the first half of
the chapter.

In Daniel 7:11 again context; there is no fifth beast listed, rather
the context points to the fourth beast that the horn is part of.

The structure of the vision shows four beasts, one after another,
coming up out of the sea, until thrones are set up and the ancient of
days comes, then the attention goes back to the beast and what
happened to it.

Context, context, context!

Karl W. Randolph.