[b-hebrew] Mashiach

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Fri Sep 8 18:01:01 EDT 2006

But that doesn't prove that it really happened.

Shoshanna

HH: But doctors do not heal people supernaturally, so we don't know what
that might involve for someone who did. And the NT quotes this text of
Jesus healing people supernaturally:

Matt. 8:16  When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were
brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all
the sick.
Matt. 8:17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet
Isaiah:  ’ÄúHe took up our infirmities and carried our diseases.’Äù

HH: The fact that we cannot explain exactly how someone could carry
diseases without becoming sick does not matter because we cannot explain
how a person can heal supernaturally either. One incident indicates that
power went out of Jesus in a healing:

Luke 8:44 She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and
immediately her bleeding stopped.
Luke 8:45   ’ÄúWho touched me?’Äù Jesus asked.  When they all denied it,
Peter said,  ’ÄúMaster, the people are crowding and pressing against you.’Äù
Luke 8:46  But Jesus said,  ’ÄúSomeone touched me; I know that power has
gone out from me.’Äù

HH: So perhaps Jesus carried sicknesses in the sense that they drained
him of some power.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard