[b-hebrew] actual Hebrew question about Daniel 9:25

Lisbeth S. Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Thu Sep 7 00:12:55 EDT 2006

Dear Kenneth,
If the numbers were originally written as numbers, rather than as words, it
would be written as in a tally, or accounting sheet.  You see this in Ezra
1:9ff.
gold things 30
silver things 1000.
When the text came to be transcribed as words, the order was maintained.
This may be the case in Daniel too.
Liz Fried.