[b-hebrew] observations

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Wed Sep 6 09:52:13 EDT 2006

On 06/09/2006 14:28, Lisbeth S. Fried wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> It is very interesting to observe in these discussions just how far apart in their thinking are Jews and Christians. Jews tend to think that Christians are just Jews, only with Jesus, and Christians tend to think that Jews are just Christians only without Jesus (which is a big without). The average Jew and the average Christian does not realize just how different the total world view is, the total understanding of God, of nature, of mankind, of everything.

I see what you mean, Liz. This discussion has certainly shown how
different Shoshanna's Judaism is from my Christianity.

But it also seems to me that Jews like Yigal and yourself have more in
common, in your general worldview, with scholarly liberal Christians
than you do with other Jews like Shoshanna. And in some ways, such as
believing in the reality of predictive prophecy and in Satan as a real
personal angelic being, Shoshanna and I have things in common which are
rejected at least by Yigal as well as by liberal Christians. So the
lines are not as simply drawn as you suggest.

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Website: http://www.qaya.org/