[b-hebrew] Daniel 9:25

Steve Miller smille10 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 5 22:29:03 EDT 2006

> From: Lisbeth S. Fried Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:33 PM
>
> How does it make clear that it is not the high priest?

[Steve Miller] Because nageed refers to kings, not priests. The high priest
is called nageed only as ruler over specific things, i.e. over certain
Levites, or over the house of God. He is never called an unqualified nageed.
Just as I am ruler over my house and over a few people at work, but I would
not be called a ruler.

> That is who the leader was in the second temple period.
[Steve Miller] He may have been acting as the leader, as Jehoida did, but he
was not anointed to be the leader. If he was high priest, he was anointed to
be high priest.

> How does the time constraint not work?
[Steve Miller] He needed to appear either 7 weeks (49 years) or 62 weeks
(434 years) or 69 weeks (483 years) after the word to restore and rebuild
Jerusalem.
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceinwilderness.info