[b-hebrew] Yigal: Daniel

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Tue Sep 5 16:02:57 EDT 2006

I know it's not Torah.  That was my point - that Harold cannot claim
based on the the Book of Jubilees where the name Mastema appears -
Harold is the one who cited a source which cited that name for Satan
- that Tanach, or Judaism, teaches that Satan is anything more than a
regular angel, which cannot and do not rebel against G-d.

Re the dating of the years - I just posted what was on the website.
At least I found a translation - which I don't have time to read...

I'm not using Book of Jubilees to try to prove that we really are in
the year 5766 since the creation of the world.

I suppose we will all know at least by the year 6000.

Shoshanna

> The text is on line here, this is only one of the sites I found.
>
> http://www.exodus2006.com/jubilint.htm

Shoshanna, are you sure this is a website that you want to rely on? Planet
X? 666 - the sign of the Beast? Armageddon?

In general, Jubilees has no canonical status in orthodox Judaism, or in your
terms, "it's not Torah" - so why are you defending it as a source?

Yigal Levin