[b-hebrew] Yigal: Daniel

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Tue Sep 5 15:18:29 EDT 2006

Have you ever read the bok of Jubilees, or even an introduction to it? It is
basically a midrash agadah on the time from creation to the Exodus. It does
not attempt to bring events down to the author's own time (which is sometime
during the Second Temple period), and as such does not supply a "calendar"
which can be continued into the future. It was also probably unknown to the
authors of Seder Olam, and as such had no influence on our present system of
counting.

Yigal Levin