[b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 45, Issue 6 [Message 3 & 4]

Oun Kwon kwonbbl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 12:18:07 EDT 2006

Why people say 4 BC as the year of Herod's death AS IF proven without any doubt?

Reading from the writings of  late bible scholar E. Martin, the date
of reference eclipse (preceding the Herod's death) was not 4BC but a
few years later, etc. If my memory is correct, his dating of Jesus'
birth was 1 B.C.

[That A.D. 1 is what was taken as the year AFTER his birth of 1 B.C. ].

Oun Kwon.

On 9/4/06, b-hebrew-request at lists.ibiblio.org

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:02:34 +0100
> From: Peter Kirk <peter at qaya.org>
> Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel
 <clipped>

> Most of the Christian community knows that Jesus must have been born
> well before 1 AD/CE, in fact before Herod died in 4 BC/BCE.

<clipped>

> --
> Peter Kirk

> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 15:13:39 +0200
> From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il>
> Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel

<clipped>

> since King Herod died in
> 4 "B.C.", and tried to kill the baby Jesus.

<clipped>

Yigal Levin