[b-hebrew] To Harold: Tanach book order - different in Christian Bibles

Harold Holmyard hholmyard at ont.com
Sat Sep 2 23:26:24 EDT 2006

Dear Yonah Mishael wrote:

>So, for the sake of the integrity of the Jewish Encyclopedia (whoquotes this?), you would ignore the words of your god? (Jesus is theChristian god, is he not?) He said that the Pharisees (that is, therabbis) "sit in the seat of Moses." If even Jesus agreed with theclaim that the seat of Moses had come down to the authorities at thetime of the Second Temple, and it is also the Jewish claim, then whydo you disagree?

HH: I am not following your logic. I don't disagree with Jesus. The
Sanhedrin in Jesus' day had approximately the same authority to lead the
nation that Moses did in his day. It was also the official guardian of
the Law, which Moses gave.

HH: B-Hebrew software drops the blank lines I insert between comments.
The quote was from Michael Abernathy earlier today. I  included that
information in my post, but it is scrunched up in the previous comment.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard