[b-hebrew] Tanach book order - different in Christian Bibles

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Sat Sep 2 16:06:13 EDT 2006

It is also important to note, that the question of the order of the
different books only became important when Bibles were first produced in
codices, rather than as individual scrolls. As far as I know, this happened
no earlier than the second or third century CE, by which Christians and Jews
had certainly developed divergent views on the authority and meaning of
different books.

Yigal Levin