[b-hebrew] Was Daniel a prophet?

Yonah Mishael yonahmishael at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 17:13:10 EDT 2006

Do not the Scriptures declare that Moses was to set up a court to
decide all minor matters (Exodus 18)? The decision on all matters
passed to the leaders of the people, especially after the death of
Moses. Joshua received the tradition from Moses, and so it passed from
Moses to the men of the Great Synod and to the Sanhedrin and the
rabbis among the people. This is the authority to interpret specific
situations and how the Torah law applies to them. This is covered in
the verse first part of Pirkei Avos, which every religious Jew knows
and has read many times. The authority goes back to the time when
Moses set up judges among the people, and that is why the Sanhedrin
had the deciding cast on whether or not Daniel was a prophet. The
qualifications seem clear to me, as Shoshanna laid out now many times.

Yonah